Twitter Interactive Competition
Terms and Conditions for #shoepairs
No purchase or payment of any kind necessary. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
- To enter, participants should log on to Twitter and go to the ASOS twitter page (twitter.com/ASOS), and follow ‘@ASOS’ by clicking on ‘follow’. Participants should then view the live streamed Twitter competition. There will be 3 sections within the live streamed competition, and each section is described below. The sections will be repeated 5 times, each time with a different prize to be won for each section.
- Section 1: Participants viewing the live streamed competition will see a shoe displayed, and there will be a letter or number attached to this shoe. Participants will also be able to see a conveyor belt underneath the shoe on display, and there will be a number of shoes travelling across the conveyor belt, each shoe also having a letter or number attached. Within the shoes travelling across the conveyor belt, the shoe matching the shoe on display will appear. When participants see the matching shoe they should tweet @ASOS with the letter or number of the shoe on display, and the letter or number on the matching shoe, which will form a 2 digit code. For example, participants should tweet @ASOS with “Z0” if the shoe on display has the letter “Z” attached, and if the matching shoe on the conveyor belt has the number “0” attached. Participants must also use the following hashtag ‘#shoepairs’ in their tweet to @ASOS with the correct 2 digit code. Once participants have tweeted @ASOS with their entry, their entry is then complete.
- Section 2: Participants viewing the live streamed competition will be presented with the conundrum which relates to shoes, and participants will have to work out the correct answer to the conundrum. Participants must then tweet @ASOS with their answer to the conundrum, and their tweet must include the hashtag #shoepairs. Once participants have tweeted their entry to @ASOS, entry is then complete.
- Section3: Participants viewing the live streamed competition will be presented with an iconic shoe and they will also be presented with an outline of a celebrity. The iconic shoe will be a clue to the identity of the celebrity in the outline. Participants will be asked to guess who the celebrity in the outline is, and they must tweet @ASOS with the name of the celebrity, including the hashtag #shoepairs. Entry is then complete.
- During the live streamed competition at the end of the each section viewing, participants’ tweets will be chosen at random (from all successful entries received, during the viewing time of that section, including the correct answer and the hashtag #shoepairs). Participants will have approximately 60 seconds to enter with their answer from when the conundrum/task is presented to them during the live stream section.
- The competition opens on Friday March 22nd 2013 at 12:30pm (GMT) (7.30am CST) when the streamed Twitter competition recording begins.
- The competition closes on Friday March 22nd 2013 approximately 2:00pm (GMT) (approximately 9.00am CST) when the streamed Twitter competition recording ends, due to the 3 sections all having been repeated 5 times.
- Participants will have approximately 60 seconds from when the question/task is presented, to enter with their answer.
- There will be a total of 15 Winners, one for each section of the view times. Each participant chosen as a Winner may only win once, and may only win one prize.
- Each of the 15 Winners will win one of the prizes listed below. Each winner will only win one prize. The prize to be won will be announced during the live streamed competition, so the participants are aware before entering the competition section, what prize they are entering to win.
- A 10% off discount code
- A 15% off discount code
- A pair of ASOS Shoes
- A set of 5 ASOS Shoes
- For further terms and conditions relating to the above prizes, please see below.
- One Runner up participant who has successfully entered any section of the competition, but has not been successfully chosen as a Winner, will be chosen as a winner of a Runner up prize. This participant will be chosen at random, and will win a set of 5 ASOS shoes.
- In total, there will be 16 prizes awarded.
- Each winner will be notified that they have won during the competition on the Twitter live stream. Each winner will also be contacted directly to advise that they have won, via a Direct Message on Twitter. The winners may be asked to provide ASOS with details of their delivery address and their shoe size, in order to select and organise delivery of their prize.
- Each winner will have 48 hours to respond to the Direct Message, sent by ASOS, notifying them that they are a winner. If a winner does not respond to the notification within 48 hours, then another winner will be selected at random from all other successful entries received for that particular section of the competition.
- Discount codes have a maximum spend of £500 before the discount code is applied, and can only be used once, and are valid until 20th June 2013. Some brand exclusions may apply, discount codes cannot be redeemed against shipping costs and you may only use one discount code per ASOS order.
- If you are a winner of a pair of ASOS Shoes, you will win a pair of ASOS Shoes, which will be pre-selected by ASOS. The styles of the ASOS shoes to be won may be communicated during the competition. Each pair of ASOS shoes to be won have a maximum value of £70. The winners will be asked to provide their shoe size details.
- If you are a winner of a set of 5 ASOS shoes, you will win 5 pairs of ASOS Shoes which will be pre-selected by ASOS. The styles of the ASOS Shoes to be won may be communicated during the competition. The 5 pairs of ASOS Shoes together have a total value of £350. The winner will be asked to provide their shoe size details.
- For a list of prize winners, please send an email requesting this information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th April 2013.
- By entering the competition, you agree to us announcing your name publicly as a prize winner on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and all other ASOS social media. You also agree to us Direct Messaging you on Twitter to notify you if you have won a prize.
- Participants must be over 18.
- Competition excludes employees and agents (or families of such employees or agents) of ASOS or anyone else connected with the administration of the competition.
- By entering and/or accepting the prize, Entrants and winner agree to hold ASOS and its promotional partners, directors, officers, and employees harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property, relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prize, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. ASOS, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any Entrant or prize winner if either commits or has committed any act or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which ASOS deems likely to subject ASOS, Entrant, or winner to ridicule, scandal, or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon ASOS in any way. If such information is discovered by ASOS after a winner has received notice of his/her prize and before the prize is awarded, ASOS may rescind the prize in its entirety. Decisions of ASOS are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph.
- ASOS is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by ASOS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of completion or running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, ASOS reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. ASOS reserves the right to select the winner from eligible entries received as of the termination date. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant declared the winner, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
- The competition is operated by ASOS.com Limited, Greater London House, Hampstead Road, London, NW1 7FB.
- ASOS reserves the right to amend any time periods, and notification dates at any time should circumstances make this necessary, or to cancel this promotion before the advertised close date.
- ASOS' decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. No cash alternative is available. The prize only includes what is expressly stated to be part of the prize and the prize is non-transferable.
- By entering this competition, you acknowledge and accept that Twitter shall not be liable to you in any way.
- For more information about how ASOS handles data, please visit http://www.asos.com/infopages/pgeprivacy.aspx.