Just Do It!
Want to get this season’s new party hair with minimum effort? From victory rolls to just-for-the-night pink, try
these 6 minute, maximum impact looks.
- If you have a fringe, move it to the side.
- Divide the top section of the hair into a diamond parting (take hair from above the eyebrows, down to the middle of the head).
- Tie this with a hair elastic and secure the end of a scarf with it. Leave other hair loose.
- Grab sections of hair and work it around the scarf, securing with bobby pins as you go.
- Loop over and under for a unique design.
- Now use your fringe – grip it at the end, either to the side, or in a quiff.
Tidy the ends and leave some wispy bits, then finish with hairspray to secure
(GHD Style Final Fix Hairspray £9.95 VV143VU).
- Divide your hair into four to six sections and crimp one by one, lifting the hair from the head to diffuse the line and create body.
- Don’t leave the crimper on for too long as it will damage hair and dry it out.
- Once all the hair has been crimped, backcomb it around the face at the roots with a tail comb.
- Divide the hair into two sections, one wider than the other.
- For each section bring the hair back and use bobby pins to grip.
- Lightly tease the hair and backcomb for volume. Finish with hairspray.
- Apply a hair cream or mousse all over to make hair slicker (Kiehl’s Stylist Series Crème with Silk Groom £18 kiehls.co.uk).
- Divide hair into two with a side parting. Secure eachsection into a ponytail with elastic.
- Backcomb the tops of each ponytail for volume. With each, make a loop back over your fingers and roll the hair around them.
- Secure the upper loop to the head on the inside using a clip. Repeat with the bottom ponytail, looping in the opposite direction.
Fan the loops around the elastic. Hairspray and comb to smooth
(TIGI Catwalk Session Series Work It Hairspray £11.50 VV1442M).
- Zigzag a parting down the middle of the hair.
- French plait it down the left side and secure with a clear hair elastic.
- Then repeat for the right side, bringing it more to the front for the fringe andaround.
- Keep it quite loose, and secure with clear elastic.
- Secure the ends to the head with bobby pins instead of tucking them under.
Cover your clothes and face to protect them. Finish by spraying temporary colour spray on the plait
(Brandel Colour Spray in Opaque Pink £9.40 screenface.co.uk).
Wet Look Twist
Using your fingers, apply product through the hair to give it a wet look and added shine
(TIGI Catwalk Session Series Wet Look Gel £10.95 VVI442I).
Put three hair slides into the side of the hair along the ear line for guidance. Starting from the
temple, twist the hair along the line of the combs, adding more hair as you go.
- Stop at the back of the head and do the same for the other side until they meet.
- Secure the ponytail with an elastic and roll the leftover hair up and tuck it in using bobby pins.
- Remove the combs and then tidy to finish.
- Blow dry the hair straight.
- Separate the fringe from the main body of the hair.
- Use a comb to brush the hair back into a ponytail but on the last loop, don’t pull the hair all the way through.
Then put the clips in where you would like – perhaps through the middle of the loop, on top and below
(ASOS Crocodile Clips [2 pack] £6 VV19I67).
- Wear your fringe how you want, maybe gripping to the side.
- Comb to smooth and use hairspray to finish.