ASOS STUDENTCITY SWEEPSTAKES – OFFICIAL RULES
YOU DON’T NEED TO PURCHASE OR PAY ANYTHING TO ENTER OUR SWEEPSTAKES. IF YOU DO PURCHASE FROM, OR MAKE PAYMENT TO ASOS THIS WON’T INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
What You Need To Know:
We love running Sweepstakes for you guys and we want to be as clear as possible on how you enter and the prize is drawn. Please read the nuts and bolts below and if you’ve still got any questions just contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. We know that there are ASOS lovers all around the world, but this Sweepstakes is only open to US residents who are aged 18 or over and a student enrolled full-time or part-time at a tertiary institution in the US. So that we are completely fair, anyone professionally connected to ASOS or StudentCity are not allowed to enter.
2. This promotion is only available to students who haven’t validated as a student with ASOS before.
3. You don’t have to buy anything to take part in this Sweepstakes but you do need access to the internet.
4. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes Period runs from 03:00:00am EST on February 13th, 2017 to 03:59:59 EDT on March 20th, 2017 which is further divided into Weekly Entry Periods as per the chart below. One Sweepstakes will take place per Sweepstakes Week (see below). You can only enter once during the entire Sweepstake Period (if you try to enter more than once in the Sweepstake Period, your entry will be rejected).
Entry, Drawing Periods & Number of Winners Chart (“Weekly Sweepstakes”)
5. To Enter: Entering this Sweepstakes is simple: EITHER
6. Sorry, but you may only enter once during the entire Sweepstakes Period. If you enter more than once in the Sweepstake Period, your additional entries will be rejected. Entries will only be included in the Sweepstakes for the Entry Period in which the entry was submitted. If no entries are submitted during any Weekly Sweepstake then the prize for that week will not be awarded.
7.The Major Prize: Five winners (1 winner from each Weekly Sweepstakes) will each win
The winners must share the Prize with two friends. Winners will not be allowed to use more than $1500 StudentCity travel credits on themselves.
8. Holiday Destinations:
*Eligible for travel in March 2018
*Eligible for travel from September 2017 to September 2018
9. Further Information on the Student City travel credits
A $25 processing fee (per person) and all U.S and foreign arrival/departure taxes and fees apply and must be paid by the winner and their friends at the time of booking.
For full StudentCity travel credit terms and conditions, please see https://www.studentcity.com/sites/studentcity.com/files/studentcity_tour_participant_agreement.pdf for further information.
10. Further information on using ASOS Gift Vouchers
a) The gift voucher must be redeemed when placing an order in GBP.
b) You will receive an individual code via email to register to your ASOS account as credit. An ASOS account will need to be set up to use the gift voucher (if you haven’t done this already).
c) The gift voucher will have its own expiry date, which will be made clear when the voucher is sent to you.
d) Gift vouchers can be used as part or full payment against eligible items on the ASOS websites (this does not include ASOS Marketplace or the purchase of other ASOS gift vouchers).
e) No cash refunds will be given (unless required by law) but any balance remaining on your gift voucher is locked to your account and can be used against future purchases.
f) For more information, visit http://us.asos.com/customer-service/customer-care/help/ and type “Gift Vouchers” into the search bar.
g) For our terms and conditions for using gift vouchers, visit http://us.asos.com/terms-and-conditions/ and select “Gift Vouchers and Promo Codes” section.
11.Winner Selection: So that you know we’ve selected our winners fairly from all the valid entries we receive, the random draw will be carried out by an independent promotional verification service and will take place within 4 working days after each Weekly Sweepstakes.
12.Contacting the Winner: We’ll contact the winners via email (using details collected in Clause 4) within 7 days after the draw. If you are one of our lucky winners, you must respond to us within 7 days otherwise the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner.
13. We reserve the right to request proof of eligibility at any time (see Clause 1) as a condition of awarding you the prize. If you are found to be ineligible, the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner.
14. If you are a winner, we’ll try and send you your prize as soon as we can - and within no more than 28 days from acceptance of the prize.
15. We’re sorry but you can’t transfer a prize to someone else or exchange it for a cash alternative.
16. If, for reasons we can’t control, the prize is no longer available, we’ll offer you an alternative prize which we hope you’ll still love but which will definitely be of equal or greater value
The Legals and Other Bits
No one likes the small print, but we need to let you know about some other important stuff too and make you feel comfortable that we run our Sweepstakes properly, fairly (and legally!):
18. We believe in fair play. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted and we will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own and any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the Sweepstakes. If you’re found to be cheating you will be excluded.
19. Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or prize itself (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) ASOS won’t be liable for this.
20. If this Sweepstakes can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
21. By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these Official Rules.
22. If someone or something tampers with this Sweepstakes in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of ASOS or its agencies, ASOS and its agencies will not be responsible for the newSweepstakes, prize or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
23. In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
24. If you want to know who won, you can email email@example.com within two months of the end of the Sweepstakes Period quoting “StudentCity Travel and ASOS Student US Sweepstakes WL” in the subject title.
25. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
26. Promotor: ASOS.com Limited, Greater London House, Hampstead Road, London NW1 7FB England.