Super Bowl XLVIII (read: Super Bowl 48) kicks off on Sunday night in New Jersey, as the Seattle Seahawks take on the Denver Broncos in the biggest sporting event of the year.
Expect tackles, fireworks, hot dogs, epic half-time performances, and, of course, commercials. That's right. Brands always pump out their biggest, best, and funniest ads during the game, due to the massive audience. It's now such a big deal, the ads themselves have trailers! We've rounded up the best below, along with a hilarious spot from Jaguar featuring our favorite screen villain, Tom Hiddleston.
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger plays ping-pong for Bud Light. The Terminator is taking the reins from fellow action star, Jean-Claude Van Damme complete with silly outfit. Watch It!
2. Volkswagen always make good ads, and their Super Bowl spot is no different. A group of scientists scientifically plot the perfect Super Bowl commercial. It doesn't go well. Watch It!
3. Web provider, Go Daddy, show off the value of a good website with this surreal ad featuring hundreds of bodybuilders charging down the road on the way to a tanning salon. Watch It!
4. Toyota pull out the big guns by calling in The Muppets for assistance. In this ad, Kermit and Ko. hijack Expendables star Terry Crews’ car. Watch It!
5. Everyone knows Brits make the best villains. Jaguar certainly do, which is why they got screen legends, Mark Strong, Sir Ben Kingsley and Loki himself, Tom Hiddleston, in for this epic ad. Watch it below!