ASOS STUDENT SWEEPSTAKES – SUMMARY OFFICIAL RULES
US 18+. New ASOS Students only. Visit us.asos.com/students between 05.14.2018 and 05. 27.2018 and validate as a student to receive a 10% discount code, and be entered into the Sweepstakes to win 1 of 28 $1,000 ASOS gift vouchers (issued in the nearest GBP). For full T&C’s visit us.asos.com/terms-and-conditions/ .
ASOS STUDENT SWEEPSTAKES – OFFICIAL RULES
YOU DON’T NEED TO PURCHASE OR PAY ANYTHING TO ENTER OUR SWEEPSTAKES. IF YOU DO PURCHASE FROM, OR MAKE PAYMENT TO ASOS THIS WON’T INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
What You Need To Know:
We love running Sweepstakes for you guys and we want to be as clear as possible on how you enter and the prize is drawn. Please read the nuts and bolts below and if you’ve still got any questions just contact email@example.com.
- We know that there are ASOS lovers all around the world, but this Sweepstakes is only open to US residents who are aged 18 or over and currently a student at a tertiary institution. So that we are completely fair, anyone professionally connected to ASOS is not allowed to enter.
- You don’t have to buy anything to take part in this Sweepstakes but you do need access to the internet.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes Period runs from 00.01 PT on May 14th, 2018 to 23.59 PT on May 27th, 2018. Two sweepstakes will take place per day (every 24 hours, a ‘Daily Entry Period’). There will be a total of 14 Daily Entry Periods.
- To Enter: Entering this Sweepstakes is simple, just go to us.asos.com/students and submit your details (email address, full name, and student email address). Tick the box to enter. Once you have been confirmed as a student enrolled in a university course in the US you will to be entered into the Sweepstakes.
- We’re sorry but if you have previously signed up as an ASOS Student, you are not able to enter this promotion. You may only enter once during the Sweepstakes Period. If you enter more than once, only your first entry will be counted. Entries will only be included in the Daily Entry Period prize drawing for the entry that was submitted. If no entries are submitted for a Daily Entry Period then that prize will not be awarded.
- The Major Prize: Twenty-eight winners (2 winners from each Daily Entry Period) will each win 1x $1000 ASOS gift voucher issued in the nearest GBP to be used on www.asos.com. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1000 per prize. Total ARV of all prizes: $28,000.00.
- Student Discount Code: All entrants validated as students will receive a 10% discount code to last till you graduate. This discount code may be used on checkout, and may be used alongside the gift voucher however only one code may be used per order.
- Further information about the vouchers
The gift voucher must be redeemed when placing an order in GBP.
The winner will receive an individual gift voucher code via email to register it to their ASOS account as credit. An ASOS account will need to be set up to use the gift voucher (if the winner hasn’t done this already).
To pay with ASOS gift vouchers, you'll need to change your country preferences to the UK to pay in GBP by selecting the flag in the top right hand corner of our website.
If you don't change the country first, you'll not be able to pay with our voucher and your bag will empty when you switch to the UK at the checkout stage.
Unless otherwise limited or prohibited by law, the gift voucher will have its own expiry date of 24 months from the date of issue. The expiry date will be made clear when the voucher is sent to the winner.
Gift vouchers can be used as part or full payment against eligible items on the ASOS websites (this does not include ASOS Marketplace or the purchase of other ASOS gift vouchers).
Unless otherwise required by law, no cash refunds will be given but any balance remaining on the gift voucher is locked to the winner’s account and can be used against future purchases.
For ASOS gift card T&Cs, click the link below and navigate to ‘Gift Vouchers and Promo Codes’: http://us.asos.com/terms-and-conditions/. For information on using gift vouchers, visit: http://us.asos.com/customer-service/customer-care/help/?help=/app/answers/detail/a_id/1846.
- Winner Selection: So that you know we’ve selected our winners fairly from all the valid entries we receive, each random draw will be carried out by an independent promotional verification service from all entries received during the relevant Daily Entry Period and will take place within 5 working days after the end of the final Daily Entry Period.
- Contacting the Winner: We’ll contact the winners via email (using details collected in Clause 4) within 2 weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. If you are one of our lucky winners, you must respond to us within 7 days otherwise the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner.
- We reserve the right to request proof of eligibility at any time (see Clause 1) as a condition of awarding you the prize. If you are found to be ineligible, the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner.
- Shipping Charges: All orders must adhere to the ASOS standard shipping T&Cs which can be found here: http://www.asos.com/customer-service/delivery/?country=US When making an order on www.asos.com, please note that you will have to pay delivery charges for standard delivery on orders under $50.00 (approx. £31.66).
- Restrictions may apply on which items and brands may be shipped to the US through the www.asos.com store.
- The winners must complete, sign, and return an IRS Form W-9 and provide their social security number. This will only be used for the purpose of reporting the winners’ prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by law.
- If you are a winner, we’ll try and send you your prize as soon as we can - and within no more than 28 days from acceptance of the prize.
- We’re sorry but you can’t transfer a prize to someone else or exchange it for a cash alternative.
- If, for reasons we can’t control, the prize is no longer available, we’ll offer you an alternative prize which we hope you’ll still love but which will definitely be of equal or greater value
The Legals and Other Bits
No one likes the small print, but we need to let you know about some other important stuff too and make you feel comfortable that we run our Sweepstakes properly, fairly (and legally!):
- We believe in fair play. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted and we will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own and any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the Sweepstakes. If you’re found to be cheating you will be excluded.
- Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or prize itself (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) ASOS won’t be liable for this.
- If this Sweepstakes can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
- By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these Official Rules.
- If someone or something tampers with this Sweepstakes in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of ASOS or its agencies, ASOS and its agencies will not be responsible for the Sweepstakes, prize or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
- If you want to know who won, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org within two months of the end of the Sweepstakes Period quoting “ASOS Student US May Sweepstakes” in the subject title.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Promotor: ASOS.com Limited, Greater London House, Hampstead Road, London NW1 7FB England.